Baby supplies are essential for every parent to have, especially in the first months of a newborn’s life. There are a lot of different items to consider when purchasing these basic essentials, but with a little planning and research, you can get exactly what your new baby needs.
#1 Crib mattress and fitted sheets: This is an essential item to buy because it will be the safest place for your newborn to sleep. Choose a crib that fits perfectly, and make sure to buy at least one waterproof mattress cover and several fitted sheets that will fit the mattress well.
#2 Diapers: Newborns go through a lot of diapers, and it’s important to stock up on disposable or cloth diapers. A baby can go through about 70 diapers a week in their first month or so, so buying a few packs of various sizes of diapers is a good idea.
#3 Bottle warmer and milk storage bags: These items can help save time when feeding your newborn. They can also keep your breastmilk fresher longer by helping you heat the bottles evenly.
#4 Changing pad and wipes: This is an essential item to have for cleaning your baby’s clothes. There are a wide variety of changing pads available, from those that can be cleaned with a wipe to those that have removable covers that you can machine-wash.
# Pacifiers: These are also a must-have, and they’re easier to come by than you might think! They’re easy to use and can be a lifesaver when your newborn is fussy.
5. Toy basket: This is not as essential as some of the other items on this list, but it’s still a must-have for your newborn. Babies love to explore and interact, so they’ll enjoy having toys nearby.
6. Humidifier: This is an important accessory for a baby’s nursery, as they need to stay comfortable and well-hydrated. It can also make their sleep more restful, which is always a win in any parent’s book!
7. Bath seat or tub: Your newborn will need to have sponge baths at first, but eventually they’ll need a more formal seat or tub for washing their hair and skin. A bathtub with a newborn insert is great, and it’s also helpful to have shampoo and soap designed for babies on hand.
8. Swaddling blanket: If your baby has trouble sleeping, swaddling them will help them sleep better. They can even sleep for longer periods of time when they’re swaddled, so it’s worth the investment!
9. Stroller: You’ll spend a lot of time walking around your house with your baby, so a stroller makes it a lot easier to do so. Many strollers are made specifically for newborns, so it’s important to pick a safe one that will be a good fit for your baby.
10. Changing table: You’ll need a sturdy changing table that you can comfortably sit on while changing your baby’s clothes. This will allow you to move around easily with your baby and also clean up the mess quickly!